“Entertainer Visitor – short term” visa by nationals of countries who need a visa to enter the UK, commonly called ‘’Visa Nationals’’.
It is most important that you begin your visa application as soon as you are selected
Each person is assessed individually but to ensure consistency amongst your group, it is preferable for the Group Leader to coordinate all applications
Accuracy in your application form is essential. The slightest mistake or falsehood will result in a rejection
Step 1 – Check requirements for your country
(December- as soon as acceptance documents received)Check whether you require a visa via this website gov.uk/check-uk-visa Identify where and how your application should be made in your country. This will not be the UK diplomatic mission but an agency i.e. VFS Global and World Bridge Service – employed by UKVI to manage Visa Application Centres (VAC) on its behalf. Details of how to apply can be found at ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/entertainer/apply/.
Step 2 – Submit List of Group Members form
(Before the 26th January 2018)Submit to the CLO at the Llangollen International Eisteddfod the personal details of all members in your group using the ‘List of Group Members Form’ provided i.e.:
- full name
- date of birth
- passport number with date of issue/expiry
- role in the group (e.g. dancer, singer, conductor, choreographer, director etc.)
Step 3 – Check visa processing times
(March 2018)Make sure you check the average processing times for your country, information can be found at the website www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/general-info/processing-times/ Please allow plenty of time to complete the visa application forms for your group. You can apply for a visa up to three months before you travel but you should allow weeks rather than days for the process to be completed. Target periods may not be met as each individual case may result in a longer decision time. If you receive no response after 30 days, contact the VAC and inform the CLO at the Eisteddfod of any difficulties. The most common reason for delay is inadequate or inaccurate documentation and, in the case of groups, late changes in personnel.
Step 4 – Submit VAF1K Forms
(April- three months before departure)Applications should be made on the VAF1K Form. This can be downloaded from http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/visas/vaf1k.pdf. In some countries this application has to be submitted on-line. Otherwise submit the application in person or by post. All visa applications will require you to attend your local Visa Application Centre (VAC) to submit your biometric details (10 digit finger print scans and a digital photograph) as part of your application process. Your application cannot be assessed until these details have been submitted. A short term Entertainer Visitor Visa costs approx. £90.00. Each applicant will also need to provide the following documentation:
- a current passport or similar travel document
- previous passports (if any)
- if you are not a national of the country from which you are applying, evidence of your permission to stay in that country
- a passport sized colour photograph not more than 6 months old.
- the visa application fee in local currency (equivalent to approximately £90)
- evidence of how your trip is to be funded
- proof you can support yourself during your trip e.g. bank statements or payslips for the last 6 months
- evidence of your invitation to, and participation in, the Eisteddfod
- your travel plans
- letters from any sponsors
- You should make it clear that accommodation fees will be paid to the Eisteddfod in advance of arrival
- You will need a letter confirming your participation in the Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod and you should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain this invitation letter.
- To support your visa application, you may also want to present your competitions and performance schedules which confirm that you are programmed to perform at the Eisteddfod.
- details of where you intend to stay i.e. Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod, The Royal Pavilion, Abbey Road, Llangollen, Denbighshire LL20 8SW, Wales, UK. Make it clear that accommodation fees will be paid to the Eisteddfod in advance of arrival