- Closing date for all group/choral applications Friday 21 November 2014
- Successful Applicants will be notified before 11 December 2014
- Each ensemble is expected to undertake an additional public performance on either our outside stages on the Eisteddfod field or at other local venues.
D1. Instrumental Ensemble (6 – 30 members) (Saturday 11 July 2015)
Instrumental Ensembles should present a contrasting programme of up to 12minutes. The ensemble can comprise of any combination of instruments and in any style or genre. The ensembles could be orchestras, brass bands, folk bands, contemporary music ensembles, jazz bands, wind bands etc.
Prizes: 1st: 500, 2nd £300, 3rd £150
D2. Vocal Ensemble (3 – 12members) (Thursday 9 July 2015)
Ensembles should present two contrasting unaccompanied songs in any style or genre within 8 minutes. A conductor is not permitted.
Prizes: 1st: International Trophy + £200, 2nd: £100, 3rd: £50
How to Apply
Each ensemble is required to forward the following by 21 November 2014:
- Completed application form
- A recent recording (CD,DVD or MP3 file – see application pages for full details)
- A short history of the group and conductor (English Text Max. 300 words)
- Entry fee of £50 per group (Non-refundable)
- A recent photograph in jpeg format