Before you apply for your Visa:
- Link to advisory help https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration
- Firstly check the UK Government website for full information about applying for a Visa
- Please note that the Visa Support Officers and staff at the Llangollen Musical Eisteddfod will be happy to supply you with an official Visa Support Letter and signed and stamped participant list to aid your application. The official letter of support is within our jurisdication, however, due to Data Protection rules and regulations we cannot normally lobby on your behalf and you should be aware that the Embassy to which you apply will only liaise with the group leader making the application.
Guidance notes from the Eisteddfod office:
- Ensure all participants and accompanying non-competitors travelling to the Festival have a current Passport – this includes children. If you or your group member do not have a current passport they should apply for these in advance of the actual visa application.
- Ensure you have sent the Visa Support Officers at the Llangollen Eisteddfod full details of your participants using the official participant list form which is available on our Website. We will be unable to supply the support documents until this is completed. You may wish to send us additional information such as a previous visit to the UK, competition success, or any general/useful information about your group which may enhance your application. We will send the official support documents to the designated leader of your group .
- Ensure you have checked the official UK Government Website for applying for a Visa and that you and your participants meet the required criteria for your particular country.
- Ensure that you are fully aware of the date that you must apply by as late applications may result in being unsuccessful
- Ensure you are applying to the correct geographical British Embassy in your country
- Ensure you have included the required fee with your Visa application
- Be aware that if for any reason, you need to make changes to your participant list after receiving the official Visa Support Documents from the Eisteddfod office, you should make sure that we receive any changes as soon as possible in order for us to prepare fresh documentation.
Any further question please contact our Overseas Liaison Team